Architect’s sketch of the proposed Lake Worth theater from the July 1, 1939 Palm Beach Post. Click on the image to view a larger version.
The theater opened at 601 Lake Ave. on Feb. 29, 1940.
The Lake Theatre around 1971. (Mrs. Pollifax — Spy was released in 1971, and Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell in 1968.) (Palm Beach Post staff file photo)
The Lake Theatre in the early 1970s (Palm Beach Post staff file photo)
The theater in 1980, after J. Patrick Lannan purchased it. Lannan remodeled the building and opened the Lannan Museum there in 1983. (Palm Beach Post staff file photo)
The Cultural Council of Palm Beach County moved into the building in January 2012. Read more about the history of the building here.
Tags: Lake Worth, photos, theaters